Cyprus Bass Fishing Championship 2021
Cyprus Freshwater Angling Association announces the 2021 Bass Fishing Tournament.
The registered members who have settled their financial obligations to the Association by the tournament registration date are eligible to participate. New members will also be eligible to participate.
Junior members of the association who wish to participate in the tournament, will need to be accompanied by their parent / guardian throughout the match.
All participants must have a valid Fishing License issued by the Cyprus Fishing Department.
The dates given below for the competitions might be subject to change due to the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions. In case of any change or modification on the dates you will be promptly notified.
The Dams and the times of the competitions will be announced two weeks before each competition.
In the case that the water dam will be decided by draw, it will be announced immediately after the draw which will be at least 2 days before each competition.
First competition – Two-day event 17&18/04/2021
- Day 1: 17/04/2021 Saturday – Kouris Dam 12:00 – 19:00
- Day 2: 18/04/2021 Sunday – Kalavasos Dam 12:00 – 19:00
(Down below you can find the regulations of the two day competition)
Second Competition – 16/05/2021 Sunday
Third competition – 12/06/2021 Saturday
Forth competition – 25/09/2021 Saturday
Fifth competition – 24/10/2021 Sunday
Sixth competition – 20/11/2021 Saturday
Article 1 – Entries and Tournament:
- Participation in the Tournament for members costs 40 euros for each contestant (10 euros will be the cost for a single competition for those who will not participate in the Tournament)
- Participation in the Tournament for junior members (12 years – 18 years) cost will be 20 euros per contestant (5 euros per single competition for those who will not participate in the Tournament)
- The Tournament includes:
- Six competitions. Five individuals (one of which will be a two-day)
- Duration of each competition: 7 hours.
- In order to participate in the Tournament and be valid in the Tournament standings points the contestants must have paid the registration fee before the first competition of the Tournament. The last day of registration for the Tournament is the 20th of March 2021. Members who choose to participate in the second competition will also have the right to register for the Tournament and are required to pay the registration fee up to one week before the second competition (until 17/04/2021).
- After the last registration day for the Tournament, new entries will be accepted for individual competitions only. The results of the anglers who will compete in individual competitions, will not affect the Tournament standings.
- The winners in each competition will be the top three anglers with the highest scores, as well as the angler with the biggest fish.
- The team competition may be attended by 2 anglers in each team.
- At the end of the Tournament, the top three anglers, as well as the biggest fish in the Tournament, will be awarded with cups. The fourth, fifth and sixth will also be awarded with medals.
- Last day for registration is on the 14/04/2021 by sms at the telephone number: 99689402 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 2 – Competitions:
- The last day of training and confirmation of participation will be the last Sunday before each competition.
- Anglers must be at the starting point at least thirty minutes before the competition starts in order to arrange the start-up procedures (registration, camera checks, assignment of numbers, etc.).
- Anglers arriving at the starting points less than thirty minutes before, will have to wait to settle their registration procedures after the rest of the anglers have started the competition. In case an angler knows in advance that he or she will be late, he / she must notify the Chief judge of the competition or the Committee by 21:00 of the previous night of the competition the latest. (except in the case of emergency).
- When there are 2 or more starting points in a competition, the angler has to select the starting point by notifying the Chief judge by 21:00 of the previous night of the competition the latest. If an angler fails to state his starting point, then he will automatically be placed at the point where the fewest anglers will start. If there is an equal number of contestants at each point then their starting point will be drawn. Anglers are entitled to finish at a different point from their starting point if they wish to.
- Fishing is allowed only from shore. Fishing in the water by any means is prohibited. Fishing will be permitted throughout the whole water dam except the areas that are prohibited under the fishing license or by the organizers.
- Any movement of any angler by car or other means of transport after starting the competition is prohibited. For this reason, the Association emphasizes that anglers should wear appropriate clothing and shoes. It is advisable not to ignore the warnings of dangers due to rough terrain, high vegetation, snakes, etc. The Association will NOT be liable for any accident or injury.
- The shorter distance to be maintained between contestants will be 10 meters in a STRAIGHT line.
Article 3 – Camera & Ruler:
- Anglers must have a digital camera or high-resolution photo camera with them. Cameras or telephones should be able to transfer the photographic material on to the committee’s device or to a specific application, which will be used for the Tournament archive or the Tournament’s website.
- Anglers are required to upload photos of each competition within 24 hours after the ending of a competition on the Committees device or in a specific application, so that in case of any complain or doubt of the results of a competition can be properly reviewed. (see Article 4 paragraph 10)
- If an angler fails to submit his / her photos in 24 hours, the competition’s rating will not be counted in his/her championship standing point.
- An angler competing for the first time have to ask from the Association to obtain an approved fish measuring ruler. Those who have the approved ruler from previous competitions must bring it with them.
- Fishes should be photographed on the ruler correctly and left back in to the water dam alive. If a fish dies then the angler will incur a penalty of 20 points.
- In each competition, each angler will receive his/her number for the day from the Chief judge (different in each competition). The numbers must be returned to the Chief Judge after the competition is over. In case of loss of the numbers, the angler will be charged for their replacement.
- In each photo, except of the fish on the ruler, must have also the angler’s number. Fish photographed without the angler’s number will not count in the day’s catch.
Article 4 – Points & Penalties:
- Point system: See Annex 1. The anglers final score will be by adding the five competitions in which he / she has scored the highest points. The competition in which the angler has received his lowest score will be deleted.
- For every measurable centimeter the competitor will receive 1 point.
- If its equal to or greater than 40cm it is awarded an additional 5 points.
- If its equal to or greater than 45cm it is awarded an extra 10 points.
- If its equal to or greater than 50cm it is awarded an additional 20 points.
- If its equal to or greater than 55cm it is awarded an extra 25 points. The winner will be the angler or team with the most points.
- In case there is a tie in a competition, the position in which 2 or more participants have earned is equally divided.
- In case of two or more anglers at the end of the Tournament are tied in the final Tournament standings the winner will be determined after considering in order:
- The points of all the fish of the angler’s fishes. The angler who has the most centimeters gets the higher score in the standings for the win.
- In case there is a tie again after the first step, then the angler with the biggest fish gets the higher rating in the standings for the win.
- If another tie follows then the angler with the second largest fish and so on for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, until there is a difference, to determine the winner.
- Fish that counts in the contest are only the ‘largemouth bass’ species. The minimum size is 30cm which will be measured from the tip of the mouth to the longest end of the tail. The fish during the measurement must have a closed mouth.
- For every competition, the five largest bass will be counted from the total of the angler’s fish he caught. For the two-day competition, the five largest bass will be counted from both days together (if one contestant attends only one day, the fish of that day will apply for both days).
- Any angler, that arrives at the finishing point after the end of the competition, will be disqualified for the particular competition and he will be given a penalty of 50 points (if he has less than 50 points, he will be given a negative number of points). This rule will not apply if the delay was due to situations beyond the control of the angler (injury, unanticipated flooding or fire blocking normal access paths etc.). The Chief Judge and the Tournament Committee will decide together in this matter whether the angler’s delay is accepted.
- If there is any violation of regulations from an angler, will not get any points for the specific competition and he will also be given a penalty of 100 points. (from his individual points, if he has less than 100 points, he will receive a negative sign). In case of a serious violation, the Chief Judge will be required to bring the misconduct allegation to the Tournament Committee who will decide on the penalty to be imposed. The penalty may even be a suggestion to the Council to remove the angler from the association.
- Any withdrawal during the competition (unless there is a serious problem) will lead to disqualification for the particular competition. If an angler knows in advance that he / she must leave before the end of the match, he / she must notify the Chief Judge or the Tournament Committee no later than the beginning of the match.
- Any objection by a contestant as to the size of the fish or rules of the competition should be addressed to the Chief judge and the Tournament Committee who will take the final decision. Such objection can only be declared the day of the competition prior the award ceremony. (see Article 3 paragraph 2)
Article 5 – Rods & Baits:
- There is no limit to the number of rods that each angler will bring with him but they must use only one at a time.
- Only Spinning / Baitcasting rods are allowed during the competition.
- Anglers will only be allowed to fish with artificial lures.
- The use of the Alabama rig is prohibited.
Article 6 – Cancelation / Postponement of the competition:
- Any competition of the Tournament may be cancelled or postponed in the event that, in the judgment of the Tournament Committee or the Chief Judge, there are conditions or events affecting the angler’s safety. In case of postponement of the competition before it starts, the decision will be taken at the place of the competition by the Tournament Committee. In case of postponement during the competition the decision will be taken by the Chief Judge on the spot.
- The waiting or examination period in both cases shall not exceed 60 minutes.
- In case that during the waiting period it is decided to start or restart the competition, the postponed time will be calculated in the total duration of the competition.
- If the competition is set to take place on Saturday and is cancelled, then the competition will be held the following day (Sunday). If the competition is set to take place on a Sunday, or if the conditions that led to the cancellation of the competition continues, then it will take place the next Saturday.
- In case of an emergency requiring the Chief Judge to cancel while the competition is running, the following will apply:
- If it’s cancelled after the end of 4 hours, it will be considered finished.
- If it’s cancelled before the end of the 4 hours, it will resume the next day from the point it was cancelled. (see Article 6 paragraph 2)
- All Bass caught before the competition cancellation will count.
- When the competition will be re-scheduled, no new participations will be accepted.
- In case that the two-day competition, is postponed or cancelled while the competition runs, the following will apply:
- If on one of the days the competition is postponed BEFORE the end of 4 hours then the results will be valid up to the postponed time and added to the next day.
- If one day is postponed the second day will be valid.
- If both days are postponed for a total of six or more hours, the competition will be considered finished.
- If both days are postponed for a total of less than six hours, then the competition will be held next Saturday as a one-day competition. If the two-day competition is to be held in two different water dams then the water dam would be selected by draw.
Note 1: Members who are not interested in participating in the Tournament but want and can help as referees can also register on the above phone. The Association will cover travel expenses and other needs, depending on the distances. Judges will be informed in advance of the amount of expenses covered by the Association.
Note 2: The Tournament Committee reserves the right to change any of the above terms and conditions at any time during the Tournament.